scripts/asf-release.sh which builds a proper release and hashes and email template.
- When voting on dev@allura, include details of what was tested. E.g.:
- Sums and sigs OK (log below).
- Build from source tarball succeeds and passes tests on [list platforms].
- Extended tests pass on [list platforms].
- RAT build target passes.
- Expanded tarball matches version control tag exactly (diff log below).
- LICENSE and NOTICE assembled according to http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html per discussion at [link].
- LICENSE and NOTICE up-to-date, as no dependencies have been added since initial assembly.
- All copyleft dependencies purged as documented at [issue].
- Copyright date in NOTICE is current.
- CHANGES entry is current.
- Issue tracker clean (no open issues for this release).
- After successful vote
- send a [RESULT] [VOTE] email
- move release files from /dev/ to /release/
svnmucc -U https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/ mv dev/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz release/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz mv dev/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.asc release/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.asc mv dev/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.sha1 release/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.sha1 mv dev/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.sha512 release/allura/allura-1.3.2.tar.gz.sha512 -m "Move allura 1.3.2 from dev to release"
- Remove old release (it is automatically archived)
svnmucc -U https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/allura rm allura-1.3.1.tar.gz rm allura-1.3.1.tar.gz.asc rm allura-1.3.1.tar.gz.sha1 rm allura-1.3.1.tar.gz.sha512 -m "Remove allura 1.3.1 release"
- make a tracker milestone for the release and move the relevant closed tickets from "unreleased" into the new milestone for the release
- push the git tag
- if that's all you push, the forge-allura server currently doesn't pick up on new tags, and you'll need to tweak
/var/local/deploy.sh on the server so it runs unconditionally, then tweak it back
- wait for release to show up on a few mirrors
- Update download links: allura.apache.org repo, wiki [Home], wikipedia, and https://sourceforge.net/projects/allura/files/ (requires SF staff)
- Add news item to allura site, highlighting new features
- Add release data to the https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?allura
- Announce (to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com)