Specifically the wiki search results should look better, but let's see how much improvement we can get through the generic search result template. E.g. https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/search/?q=faq A few suggestions
- an option to only include primary artifacts (no comments)
- artifact type (WikiPage) doesn't need to be shown in that case - best to stop including that in the title field when indexing?
- exclude deleted pages
- better relevance - e.g. a title match should be better than a body text match. I also think we are matching across too many fields in the first place. E.g. a search for "forgewiki" or "WikiPage" or the mount point shouldn't match the "internal" fields in the solr document.
- show a preview of the content
<hr> for something better
- add some metadata on the title line, like last modified date
- if you choose to search history, the results links need "?version=N"
- change sort order (relevance, date, etc) and direction
- add search syntax help and examples (like we do for tickets)
Here's a mockup of how https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/wiki/search/?q=faq could look: http://screencast.com/t/06dC4NjT60