We need a tool that helps connect projects with developers. This would include the following features:
- The ability of a developer to indicate their strengths and skills, e.g., Perl, Database, Documentation
- A project may post a "help wanted" listing for a particular bug, feature, or task, and tag it with certain accompanying skills that would be required. This should probably always be associated with a ticket. May possibly associate a bounty with this listing. (?)
- A developer may be notified of listings that match their profile (email, twitter, listed on user's page when they log in, or otherwise actively notify them as they use the site)
- Anyone may search for listings by language, skill, or other keywords.
- Keep track of when the loop is closed (ie, a developer is successfully connected with a project) so that we can follow up on success stories.
- Track developer statistics. i.e., user_x has responded to this many Help Wanted postings, and has closed this many tickets as a result of their involvement.