Double check the license is correct for the changed files, and that they match between LICENSE files and inline header. (rat-excludes.txt doesn't list all the changed files, since the "rat" tool correctly identifies some of them).
Run "rat" (see scripts/src-license-check/README.txt) and make sure there are no unapproved files.
Nice job finding these issues, Dave!
I'm trying to follow your steps for QA -- but I appear to have a RAT problem...
cd scripts/src-license-check && ant
So I tried running rat manually (from the 'src-license-check' directory):
java -jar /opt/ant/lib/apache-rat-0.11.jar -d ../ -E ../../rat-excludes.txt
This actually gave me some output -- so that gave me the impression that things are just taking too long (like you suggested). However, even if I filter out all the node libs, it still runs for 30+ minutes without any output. This is the same result I got on my local machine.
I had the same slowness problem with rat once. Fixed it by making a fresh clone of the repo and running check on that. I think git index and all the temporary files from working repo make it slow.
Thanks, Igor -- I'll give that a shot.
Looks great :)
Log in to post a comment.